I was inspired to make a peanut butter version of Detoxinista’s Creamy Almond Butter Freezer Fudge. And I’m glad I did because they came out SO good! This recipe is super easy-no previous baking experience necessary.
1 cup all natural peanut butter
¼ cup coconut oil, softened
1 ½ Tbsp of raw honey or all natural maple syrup
½ Tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp raw cocoa
4 ounces dark chocolate
1. Mix the peanut butter, coconut oil, raw honey, sea salt and raw cocoa in a bowl until creamy
2. Transfer the mixture to a square baking dish lined with parchment paper
3. Smooth the mixture with a spatula and then top with pieces of dark chocolate (I used coconut dark chocolate and it was delish!)
4. Freeze until solid—about 1-2 hours
5. Remove the fudge from the freezer and cut into squares
6. Store in sealed container in the freezer
Enjoy this antioxidant filled treat! Just remember to only eat a few (which is hard to do!) as they pack about 140 calories per square.
Notes: Just remember that this is “freezer” fudge so it will melt if left out of the freezer for too long and may not be the best dessert to transport.